- I suppose the biggest event to take place is that Ladybug is now enrolled in preschool this fall. It's only a couple days of the week, but I know that we're both very ready for it. Thankfully she's going at our church, where most everyone already knows her, and she'll have friends in her class. On the one hand, I'm excited for her, and on the other I'm somewhat sad. It seems too soon, but I know that in reality it's not.
- Ladybug got a playhouse for her birthday. With the weather the way it's been, I can probably count on both my hands how many times she's gotten to play in it. She loves it. Her granddad bought her some dishes to go out there, and she always has some dolls out there with her as well as a bluetooth speaker to listen to Disney music and whistle while she works. Sadly, during out last stint of nice weather this week, she came down with an ear infection and didn't feel like doing much of anything. I'm looking forward to many well, warm days ahead where she can play in there to her heart's content.
- We had Bart's birthday. Ladybug and I bought him a little drone. Ladybug alternately loves and hates it, depending on her mood. Dory thinks that it's the greatest thing since our model train. She chases it, catches it, and generally obsesses over it.
- I have been super-tired lately, sleeping every chance I get. Part of it is due to the time change last week. Part is due to other things.
- Since Ladybug has been ill, she has had lots of cuddles with her Nurse Lucy. That's what friends are for though.
- It's March again, so you know that means March Madness. Bart and Ladybug have picked their brackets. I just haven't wanted to. I do love how Ladybug has picked one since she was one year old though with the flashcards Bart made her. It's their thing they do every spring.
- I have been re-reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" lately. I assume it's a good idea, since "Go Set a Watchman" is coming out this summer. It remains one of my all-time favorite books. I hope I love the new one half as much. I'm somewhat skeptical though, because part of what makes "To Kill a Mockingbird" so special is that we're experiencing the events through Scout's young eyes. I don't know what to think about an older Scout.
- Despite basketball going on this weekend, we're hoping to take L to watch the new Cinderella movie as well as Frozen Fever this weekend as a celebration of getting well. We wanted to last weekend, when it opened, but couldn't since she wasn't well.
- Meanwhile, we're hoping for a longer stretch of pretty days. In our opinion, there's been too few of them. Dory especially is wanting to be outside again soon. OK. She's not the only one!
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
It has been almost a month since I've written anything, especially here. It's been a month full of everything at times and at others, nothing at all.